Restorative dentistry is vital for fixing all kinds of teeth damages and defects.
A tooth needs a crown if:
- has a very large decay and there is not enough tooth structure to restore it with a filling
- had a large fracture
- had a root canal treatment
- had a very large filling and extra protection against fracture in needed
- there is a history of teeth fracture caused by grinding
- for cosmetic reason to improve the aesthetics by changing size, shade and shape of the tooth
- if you had an implant placed to replace a missing tooth
Crowns can be made from different materials: all-porcelain, porcelain fused to metal or metal crowns. All porcelain crowns are the best choice for a natural cosmetic look.
A crown can last a very long time as long as you are taking good care of it. Dental crowns require the same level of care as a regular tooth- good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing, wear a night-guard if you grind your teeth, do not chew very hard foods, ice, open bear bottle with your teeth and attend regular dental check-ups.
We treat more than just teeth!!! Call us to book your appointment: